Our 2017-18 priorities include:
IT SecurityContinuing to increase the awareness of information security while applying IT security standards that protect against cyber attacks and the potential loss of institutional, research and personal data.
- End-point device management
- Campus network segmentation
- Security awareness and training
- Secure academic and research computing
- Data security and management
Customer ExperienceImproving our commitment to delivering a consistent, high-level of customer service. Placing our customers first when providing both day-to-day support and strategies that enable growth and advancement within their organizations.
- Realigning IT Support Services to be more responsive to the needs of our clients
- Increasing our commitment to service excellence across all areas of the VPFR organization
- Inform university community of ICT core services through the socialization of the Service Catalogue and development of IT Knowledge Base
- Support the evolution and implementation of new learning technologies
Technology AlignmentDeveloping long-term strategies for technology renewal while continuing to provide members of the university community with solutions integrated with other university systems to improve workflows, decision-making and leadership support.
- HR technology renewal
- Relationship management software
- Banner 9 Finance and student software upgrade
- E-Communications and office productivity strategy
- UnivRS CV and compliance module implementation
- Desktop renewal and standardized hardware procurement strategy