for purchases at any of our stores can be made by cash, gift card, debit card,
Visa or MasterCard. We do NOT
accept personal cheques.
Identity theft is a real and growing problem around the world. Therefore, we have put some safeguards in place to combat credit card fraud and to protect the identity and personal information of our customers.
- All credit cards must be in the presenter's name and signed before we can accept them as a source of payment.
- The signature you provide at the time of purchase must match the signature on the card.
- ATTENTION PARENTS: Students may use their parent's card to purchase textbooks at the Main Bookstore in Marquis Hall if their parent completes the required form (click here to download a .pdf version or copies can be obtained at the Main Bookstore). Forms can be presented at the time of purchase or submitted by fax (306-966-7416) in advance. All forms must be dated and will be held for one month after which time they will be destroyed. Please note that we cannot accept a parent's credit card number without the accompanying form but students will not be required to present the actual card.
Parents wanting to pay for their child's books are strongly encouraged to shop online or look into other options ahead of time: gift cards, money transfers, or providing your child with their own credit card. A credit card can be a valuable tool for a university student, and it is an excellent time to arrange to have a card set up in their name. It is beneficial during emergency situations, contributes to their independence, teaches them financial responsibility, and helps in the development of a future credit rating. However, if a credit card is not possible or desirable, electronic transfers to your child's account may be a viable option.
Note: All refund requests should be presented to the front cashier(s) directly upon entering the store. Approved refunds will be made by crediting the same payment-card as used for the original purchase.
- Textbooks may be returned to the Bookstore
for refund within seven calendar days of purchase. A valid cash
register receipt is required; books must be unused and unmarked.
- Textbooks which include computer disks, CDs, software or tapes as part of the package are not returnable if the internal seal is broken.
- All lab manuals and course packages are non-returnable.
At the beginning of each major session the normal seven day limit is extended for textbooks only to coincide with registration deadlines for class changes and drops. The cash register receipt is required; books must be in mint condition.
There is a "NO RETURNS" period for textbooks at the end of each major session. From late November to mid-December and from late March to the end of April, all textbook and course materials sales are final. Please be certain you have the correct book before making your purchase.
General Books & Reference
Books from the General Books and Reference Department have a 7-day limit for returns.
- No returns will be accepted without a valid cash register receipt.
- All books must remain in new condition. Any CDs, CD ROMs or DVDs must accompany the book and remain sealed.
- Products such as medical flash cards, PDA CD ROMs, and other audio or video materials must be sealed in their original shrinkwrap.
Clothing, Giftware & Other Merchandise
Please note that receipts are absolutely required for all returns. All requests for returns should be taken directly to the cashier upon entering the store.
Clothing purchases have a 14-day returns period; extensions are available
upon request in the pre-Christmas period (beginning approx mid-October).
Garments must be unworn and in mint condition with all original hang-tags attached.
Backpack purchases have a 14-day limit. Packs must be in mint condition with all original hang-tags attached.
Are final sale, no returns.
The standard 7-day limit applies for all gift items. Items must be in new condition.
Stationery & Technical Supplies
The standard 7-day limit applies for all stationery and technical supplies. Supplies must be unused and in new condition.
Art Supplies may be returned for a full refund within 7 days of purchase, provided the goods are in new condition & you have your original cash register receipt. Extended returns that apply to textbooks at the beginning of each term do not apply to Art Supplies.
All requests for exchange regarding defective merchandise should be taken directly to the cashier upon entering the store. Valid cash register receipts are required.
We want our customers to be happy with the books and products they purchase from our Bookstore, some of which we recognize can be a significant investment in their education or careers. Occasionally a book or other items such as CDs or PDA products may be labeled defective for the following reasons:
- Poor binding - pages are coming loose or away from the book's covers
- Printing problems - pages are missing, uncut, repeated or bound upside-down, blurred ink
- Defective electronic media that is blank or fails to perform as expected
If you have discovered any of these problems with your purchases, bring them back to the Bookstore with your receipt and we will exchange them or order a replacement. Please note that this only applies to manufacturers' defects and does not cover any damage incurred in situations outside of reasonable use for that item.
We and our suppliers strive to offer merchandise of the highest quality. If you discover your purchase has a flaw once you get it home, please return it (with your receipt) to the location at which it was purchased so an exchange can be made.
Please note that suppliers and manufacturers cannot be held responsible for poor customer-care of garments. For warranties to apply, washing and drying instructions must have been followed. Do not wash any embroidered or screenprinted clothing with detergents containing bleach; colours will run and fade. Many fabrics should not be washed or dried in combination with blue jeans or towels; these are abrasive and will cause pilling on your U of S sweatshirt.
Within the first two months after purchase, a backpack that shows a manufacturing flaw such as a torn strap, split seam, or broken zipper can be exchanged for a replacement at the location at which it was bought.
If the problem arises after two months, supplier warranties indicate the bag should be returned to the manufacturer for repair or exchange. Contact numbers for the manufacturers can be obtained from our sales staff.
As with any consumer product, warranties are not eternal and apply only with regard to normal use.
We do offer an extended returns period for items purchased as gifts for the December holiday season. However, receipts are required and, unless defective, the item must remain in the same condition as it was purchased. Please ask the cashier to mark your receipt if you are buying a holiday gift.
- Books may be returned to the Bookstore for refund within seven calendar days of receiving your order.
A valid receipt is required. Books must be unused and unmarked.
- Books which include computer disks, CD’s, software or tapes as part of the package are not returnable if the internal seal is broken.
- All lab manuals and course packages are non-returnable.
At the beginning of each major session the normal seven day limit is extended for textbooks to coincide with registration deadlines for class changes and drops.
There is a “NO RETURNS” period for textbooks at the end of each major session. From late November to mid-December and from late March to the end of April, all textbook and course material sales are final. Please be certain you have the correct book before making your purchase.
Textbooks purchased on-line can be returned in person at the Bookstore by presenting your textbooks to be returned upon entering the store. Approved refunds will be made by crediting the same credit card that was used for the original purchase.
Textbooks purchased on-line can also be sent back to the Bookstore for refund and following conditions will apply:
- A valid receipt must be returned with the items being returned.
- Returns must be made within 7 days of receiving your textbook(s) at your home. If you returning textbook(s) by mail, your package must be postmarked within 7 days of the original delivery date.
- Returns must be sent using a traceable shipping method (i.e. Priority Post or Purolator Courier). We cannot accept responsibility for items lost while being returned to us.
- Original shipping charges will not be refunded, unless the return is due to an error processing or shipping by the University of Saskatchewan or the product is defective.
- The customer is responsible to ensure adequate packaging to prevent the damage of a textbook(s) being returned.
- Returns/exhanges will not be accepted for reduced items or special orders.
- The address for the University of Saskatchewan Bookstore is:
University of Saskatchewan
Marquis Hall, 97 Campus Drive
Saskatoon, SK, S7N 4L3