Call for Papers
CANHEIT 2012: Building the Digital University
University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
June 10 - 13, 2012
Thank you for your interest in presenting at CANHEIT 2012. Call for papers is now closed.
- enabling academic program innovation
- e-learning in the cloud
- e-learning systems (learning management systems, clickers, lecture capture, open content, videoconferencing, web conferencing, online exams, e-portfolios, outcomes based assessment, social networking, etc)
- convergence of textbooks, online resources, tutorials, lectures, and examinations
- mobile apps
- delivering distributed learning at off-campus sites
- support of the online 24x7 student
- research computing infrastructure provision and support models
- virtualized on-demand servers
- research in the cloud
- financial models for the IT research support
- research data repository
- high performance computing
- research portals
- computing in humanities, fine arts and social sciences., social sciences
- central IT services as part of research proposals
- data warehousing, dashboards
- mobile applications, self serve apps
- CV system
- collaboration tools (e.g. SharePoint), workflow and document management
- research grants/contract/ethic management system
- print management
- Portals, SaaS
- strategic planning
- IT governance
- transforming IT service organizations
- project/portfolio management
- embracing new service models (virtualization, selective insourcing/outsourcing, crowdsourcing, SaaS, open source)
- embracing commoditization and commoditization.
- IT service rationalization across campus (e.g. the PwC type initiatives)
- server virtualization, (on-demand provisioning)
- network virtualization,
- desktop virtualization
- on-demand services
- identity and access management,
- cloud options and outsourcing
- sustainability and green computing
- business continuity planning
Submit online description of the suggested presentation. Please indicate how it would appeal to the CANHEIT 2012 delegates.
All submissions will be reviewed by the CANHEIT 2012 program committee. Please note the following:
- Proposals should be tailored for a 45-50 minute presentation including Q&A
- Submissions should identify learning outcomes for the session; "Participants will…" statements for after the session
- Some proposals may be joined with other similar proposals or included as part of panel sessions, if appropriate.
- Submissions will be accepted from universities and colleges only. Vendors may participate in a session, but it must be proposed and lead by a university of college.
- Please identify all participants in the proposed session, especially for joint and/or panel presentations. Only one submission is expected for any joint or panel presentation.
- Please identify which track(s) the proposal should be considered for.
- All presenters will be notified of the status of their proposal by March 30, 2012.
Call for Presentations: January 30, 2012
Deadline for Submission of Abstract: March 11, 2012
Presenters Notification of Acceptance: March 30, 2012
Preliminary Schedule Confirmation: April 13, 2012
Proposals are to be submitted online. Please choose the track that best fits your presentation. Presentation topics outside of the conference tracks will also be considered.