The Centre for Discovery in Learning is a research centre created to build capacity and generate outcomes in the scholarship of university teaching and learning. The mandate of the Centre for Discovery in Learning is to:
- enhance the scholarship of research in higher education at the University of Saskatchewan
- promote, support, and acknowledge research and scholarship in education at the university level at the U of S
- help develop researcher skills in this area among interested scholars (through seminars and workshops, mentoring, and peer support, etc.)
- increase productivity in research and related scholarly work (conference publications, published articles, invited presentations, etc.)
The CDL is affiliated with the University Learning Centre:
- The University Learning Centre is an academic service and support unit focusing on partnerships to support student learning.
- The Gwenna Moss Centre is a teaching support unit focusing on partnerships to help faculty, instructors, sessional lecturers, and graduate students develop and hone their teaching skills.