International Scholarship and Partnership Programs
The University of Saskatchewan has partnered with international institutions and agencies to create agreements and programs for international exchange opportunities.
The Dean’s Scholarships are intended to attract high-caliber students to the University of Saskatchewan.
- Students will be judged on their entrance average and their publication record.
- Preference will be given to PhD applicants and Canadian citizens.
- To be eligible to be nominated for a Dean’s Scholarship, the student’s entrance GPA must be at least 85.00% and show evidence of previous research productivity.
Faculty Ambassador Program
About the program
The College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (CGPS) Faculty Ambassador Program is designed to enable the CGPS to more effectively promote both the research done at the U of S and the caliber of our faculty to prospective graduate students.
As part of this program, faculty who travel to conferences or institutions are provided with a tool kit and a brief orientation to assist them in promoting the University as a whole to prospective graduate students and institutional partners.
There is a maximum of $500 travel award available to approved Faculty Ambassadors to off-set some of their associated costs for the trip.
Those wishing to act as a Faculty Ambassador on behalf of the CGPS must submit a Faculty Ambassador Registration form before the trip to receive pre-approval for the travel award.
If your registration is approved, you will receive email notification, along with a request to include this as part of your CONCUR authority to travel request. Included in that email will be the the appropriate CFOAPAL and maximum allowable expense, as well as the name of the fund manager that will need to be included as a secondary approver on your CONCUR request.
At the conclusion of the trip, to submit a claim for reimbursement of expenses under the terms of the Faculty Ambassador Program you must:
- Submit a Faculty Ambassador Trip Report. This report must include an overview of the activities undertaken on behalf of the CGPS and identification of any follow-up actions required by CGPS staff.
- Return your Faculty Ambassador tool kit, any leftover materials, and your list of contacts names and email addresses for follow-up by CGPS staff;
- Complete your expense claim on CONCUR, listing the CGPS Fund Manager as secondary Approver as instructed.
In addition, from time to time the CGPS will provide faculty with the opportunity to become further engaged in the graduate student recruitment process. This could include:
- a faculty ambassador accompanying CGPS staff on a recruitment trip
- a faculty ambassador conducting a CGPS visit as part of his/her own trip, or visiting a nearby institution on behalf of the CGPS in addition to a faculty member’s previously arranged trip.
All costs incurred as a result of faculty travel on behalf of the CGPS will be reimbursed under a separate arrangement.