Joint Student /Sandwich ProgramsStudents who wish to attend the U of S to do research under the supervision of U of S faculty, as partial fulfillment of a graduate degree from another university, should apply for Joint Student Non-Degree Admission. The following conditions apply:
- Joint students can be either master’s or doctoral students.
- The student’s home institution is the one that is granting the degree.
- Joint students will be issued a U of S transcript for the work and courses that are completed while attending the U of S.
- Applicants must meet the minimum academic and language proficiency requirements for admission to graduate studies.
- Find Your Area of Study
- Check the Admission Requirements & Deadlines
- Contact the Department
- What to Expect Once You Begin
- Submit Application
- Document Check List
There are more than 100 different fields of graduate study. To search for a program in your area see Find a Program.
For the minimum admission requirements for Joint Students set by the College of Graduate Studies see Admission Requirements.
Check your program’s website before you apply because:
- Some programs have higher or additional admission requirements;
- There are different application deadlines for different programs. The link to the program’s website is found on the program’s info page.
Most departments will ask you to identify a potential supervisor and research area before applying. You should contact potential supervisors directly to discuss your research interests and their willingness to supervise your work. Some departments require additional documentation. The department contact information for the program is found on the program’s info page.
The online application takes about 20 minutes to complete. You may start an application, save it, and return to it any time before the application deadline. To return, just log back into the online application with your Login ID and PIN.
If you are new to the University of Saskatchewan, you will start at a sign in page where you will need to create your own Login ID and PIN. Instructions on how to do this are provided on that page.
If you are a returning student, you may log into PAWS and register through the Academics tab.
First, you will be asked to choose the application type. Please choose Graduate (F) Joint Student.
Then input your name and select Fill Out Application. The Application Checklist will appear. Read this section carefully and complete all parts of the application. The blue icon on the Application Checklist will turn into a check mark when you have completed a section.
Application is Complete - click this button to submit your application. It will take you to the application fee payment screen. You may pay on line with a Credit Card OR you may click on Alternate Payment to use one of the other options.
You will need to have ready:
- A valid e-mail address.
- Your personal information, education history (including dates and grades from all schools/programs attended), and the correct title of the program to which you are applying, and the names, positions and email addresses of your references.
- Visa or MasterCard for online payment of $90 application fee. This is non-refundable and your application will not be considered complete until the fee is paid.
Paying online with credit card is the preferred payment method, and will ensure the quickest processing of your application. If are unable to pay online with credit card, you may choose one of the following options (please note that these options will result in longer processing times for your application):
A) If you are unable to complete your credit card payment online, but still wish to pay with credit card, you can submit a Credit Card Payment Form. The Credit Card Payment Form can be faxed to 306-966-2115, or mailed to Student and Enrolment Services, 105 Administration Place, Saskatoon SK, Canada S7N 5A2.
B) If you do not have access to a credit card, the $90 fee may be paid in Canadian dollars by cheque, money order or bank draft. These may be made payable to “University of Saskatchewan" and submitted to: Student and Enrolment Services, 105 Administration Place, Saskatoon SK, Canada S7N 5A2.
In addition to completing your online application, you must:
- Arrange for ALL of your official transcripts to be sent to the program by your past post-secondary institution(s). Applicants must submit transcripts from all previous post-secondary work. Copies of transcripts are not acceptable as final admission documents, unless they have also been verified and stamped by your issuing institution.
- Have your official English test results sent to the College of Graduate Studies and Research from the testing site. This is only for students who are not native English speakers. Check here to see if you will need to submit proof of English proficiency.
- Send any other required documentation to your department. You will be sent an email notifying you that we have received your application. After you receive this, you may log back into the online application to view a complete list of documentation and tasks that you need to complete to be admitted. Follow these instructions and contact the department if you have any questions.