For Non-Degree Applications
- Check the Admission Requirements & Deadlines
- Contact the Department
- What to Expect Once You Begin
- Apply Online
- Documents Required
For the minimum admission requirements set by the College of Graduate Studies see Admission Requirements.
Check your program’s website before you apply because:
- Some programs have higher or additional admission requirements;
- There are different application deadlines for different programs. Links to specific program websites can found on the program pages in the list of graduate programs.
As of June 1, 2013, all non-degree applicants can must apply through the online application system. The College of Graduate Studies and Research is considered the academic home of non-degree students, however, some departments ask you to identify the program courses you wish to take before applying, and some require additional information. Contact the department delivering the course(s) that you wish to take directly to inquire about the availability of specific courses, and the eligbility of non-degree students to register in those courses. Contact information for individual programs/departments can be found in the list of graduate programs.
The online application takes about 20 minutes to complete. You may start an application, save it, and return to it any time before the application deadline. To return, just log back into the online application with your Login ID and PIN.
If you are new to the University of Saskatchewan, you will start at a sign in page where you will need to create your own Login ID and PIN. Instructions on how to do this are provided on that page.
If you are a returning student, you may log into PAWS and register through the Academics tab.
First, you will be asked to choose the application type. Please choose Graduate (E) Non-Degree.
After you have picked the Admission Term and input your name, select Fill Out Application. The Application Checklist will appear. Read this section carefully and complete all parts of the application. The blue icon on the Application Checklist will turn into a check mark when you have completed a section.
Application is Complete - click this button to submit your application. It will take you to the application fee payment screen. You may pay online with a Credit Card OR you may click on Alternate Payment to use one of the other options.
You will need to have ready:
- A valid e-mail address.
- Your personal information, educational history (including dates and grades from all schools/programs attended), and the correct title of the program to which you are applying, and the names, positions and email addresses of your references.
- Visa or MasterCard for online payment of $90 application fee. This is non-refundable and your application will not be considered complete until the fee is paid.
Paying online with credit card is the preferred payment method, and will ensure the quickest processing of your application. If are unable to pay online with credit card, you may choose one of the following options (please note that these options will result in longer processing times for your application):
A) If you are unable to complete your credit card payment online, but still wish to pay with credit card, you can submit a Credit Card Payment Form The Credit Card Payment Form can be faxed to 306-966-2115, or mailed to Student and Enrolment Services, 105 Administration Place, Saskatoon SK, Canada S7N 5A2.
B) If you do not have access to a credit card, the $90 fee may be paid in Canadian dollars by cheque, money order or bank draft. These may be made payable to “University of Saskatchewan" and submitted to: Student and Enrolment Services, 105 Administration Place, Saskatoon SK, Canada S7N 5A2.
5. Documents Required
In addition to completing your online application, you must:
- Arrange for your official transcripts to be sent to the College of Graduate Studies and Research by your past post-secondary institution(s). Copies of transcripts are not acceptable as final admission documents, unless they have also been verified and stamped by your issuing institution.
- Have your official English test results sent to the College of Graduate Studies and Research from the testing site. This is only for students who are not native English speakers. Check here to see if you will need to submit proof of English proficiency.