Resources and References for units to help assess international applications.
- English Proficiency Requirements
- Practical Information on Methods of Document Recognition and Authentication from the World Education News & Reviews
- Website with suggested grade conversions for 150 different countries - World Education Resources
- Website alerting international academic community to fake or illegal post-secondary institutions - University Grants Commission
- Ranking of the top universities in China by China Education Center, by the Chinese Academy of Management Science, and by NetBig Chinese University Ranking
- Academic Ranking of World Universities 2010 published by by the Centre for World-Class Universities and the Institute of Higher Education of Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- How to recognize an authentic document and general information on diploma mills from the World Education Services
Special Case Admissions
Academic units without established Master’s or Ph.D. programs can accept a student as a special case admission, with the permission of the Dean and the Graduate Student Academic Affairs Committee of the CGSR. Candidates for Special Case admissions should be excellent students with a weighted cumulative average of at least 75% over the last two years (60 credit units). Instructions for Special Case applications are found on Form GSR 405. Students follow regular admission procedures using form GSR 101 and the Online Application. The academic unit is responsible for completing the remainder of the Special Case application.