International Differential Transition Bursary Program
In April 2010, the University of Saskatchewan announced a new international graduate student tuition model that, effective May 2011, will assess international graduate student tuition at the differential rate of 1.5 times the tuition rate for domestic graduate students in the same program.
A document outlining the background to the new tuition model and the plan for a transition bursary program to support current students during implementation has been made available:
Information about tuition, the differential and the transition programming can be found on the current graduate tuition webpage:
This page includes the 2010-2011 tuition rates and a description of the automatic and application-based differential bursary programs. A targeted email has been sent to international students letting them know the programs for which they are eligible.
Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Based Differential Bursary
Students that are not eligible for the automatic differential bursary and who were here before May 2010, will be able to apply for a credit in the September 2011 and January 2012 terms. This credit program will not be available for the May 2011 term.
To be eligible for this bursary program, students must meet the following criteria:
1. Students must have a total expected personal income (before tax or other deductions) from the University or other sources in the form of a scholarship, fellowship, or salary for the year beginning May 2011 that is:
- less than $20,000 in the case of PhD students
- less than $17,000 in the case of Masters students
2. Students tuition must not be paid in full (including the international differential) by an external agency
The total value of the tuition bursary made available on application will not exceed $100,000. However, it is estimated that this will be sufficient to provide tuition credits to all eligible applicants.
- July 15, 2011 for the September 2011 term
- November 15, 2011 for the January 2012 term