Chinese Government Scholarships for Canadians
The 2014/2015 Competition for Canadian students wishing to study in China on a Chinese Government Scholarship is open. The scholarships provide for registration and tuition fees, laboratory fees, books and materials and accommodation, and include the following:
- Monthly living allowance; Master student 1700RMB; PhD student 2000RMB
- Insurance fee: 600RMB/person/year
- One-time settlement fee: 1500RMB/person.
Master’s students can receive up to 2.5 years of funding and Ph.D. students up to 3 years of funding. Eligibility is as follows:
- Non-Chinese citizens
- Master candidates must be less than 35 years old and hold a Bachelor’s degree
- Ph.D. candidates must be less than 40 years old and hold a Master’s degree.
- All applicants must be in good academic standing and have a strong capacity for research.
Application deadline is March 31, 2014.
The College of Graduate Studies and Research has partnership agreements with the following universities and encourages students to consider study opportunities at:
Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing
Huazhong Agriculture University, Wuhan
Northeast Normal University, Jilin
Jilin University, Changchun Northwest Agriculture and Forest University, Yangling
Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi’an
Southwest University, Chongqing
Xi’an Jiao Tong University, Xi’an
Application procedures available here.