Scholarships Available for New Graduate Students
The Saskatchewan Innovation and Opportunity Graduate Scholarship Program, will provide a $10, 000 scholarship, on a one-time basis (i.e. non-renewable) to new students who have accepted an offer of admission to begin May 2013 or September 2013.
You must be nominated by your graduate program, have a grade point average of 80% or higher, and be engaged in conducting thesis research in one of the University’s six signature areas. The six signature research areas are:
- Aboriginal Peoples: Engagement and Scholarship
- Agriculture: Food and Bioproducts for a Sustainable Future
- Energy and Mineral Resources: Technology and Public Policy for a Sustainable Environment
- One Health: Solutions at the Animal-Human-Environment Interface
- Synchrotron Sciences: Innovation in Health, Environment and Advanced Technologies
- Water Security: Stewardship of the World’s Freshwater Resources
More information about the six signature areas is available at www.usask.ca/vpresearch/workshop/areas.php.
Scholarships will be allocated using the following criteria:
- Research relationship to a signature area
- Publications and presentations
- Grade Point Averages
- Awards held
Graduate chairs, unit heads, directors and deans can make the nomination at http://www.usask.ca/cgsr/grad_supervisor/
If you think you are eligible for this scholarship, please speak to your graduate chair. The deadline for these applications is 4:30 p.m. March 29, 2013.