100 New Graduate Scholarships Available
The Saskatchewan Innovation and Opportunity Graduate Scholarship Program, will provide a $10, 000 scholarship, on a one-time basis (i.e. not renewable) to students who:
- are currently registered in the first 3 years of a Master’s program or first 4 years of a Ph. D. program,
- will continue to be registered in a graduate program until December 31, 2012,
- have a Grade Point Average of 80% or higher, and
- are engaged in conducting thesis research in one of the University’s six signature areas.
Scholarships will be allocated primarily on the basis of GPA with consideration of research innovation and financial need.
The six signature research areas are:
- Aboriginal Peoples: Engagement and Scholarship
- Agriculture: Food and Bioproducts for a Sustainable Future
- Energy and Mineral Resources: Technology and Public Policy for a Sustainable Environment
- One Health: Solutions at the Animal-Human-Environment Interface
- Synchrotron Sciences: Innovation in Health, Environment and Advanced Technologies
- Water Security: Stewardship of the World’s Freshwater Resources
More information about the six signature areas is available at www.usask.ca/vpresearch/workshop/areas.php.
Graduate students should apply for these scholarships to the CGSR by March 15, 2012. Applications should be submitted online at https://www.usask.ca/cgsr/application/