Robert W.J. ScottProfessor
Department of Chemistry
Our research lies in the fascinating world of nanoscale materials, in which the properties and chemistry of materials can change with size.
Current interests include:
- Studies of the synthesis of materials and nanoparticle catalysts in ionic liquid solvents,
- Chemistry and catalysis with monolayer protected clutsers,
- The rational design and characterization of bimetallic nanoparticles for selective catalysis (alcohol oxidations, hydrogenations, C-C coupling),
- The rational design of ultrasensitive solid-state sensors, and
- Understanding the biophysicochemical properties of nanoscale materials.
This site has been visited times!