What is POGO?
POGO – Women’s & Children’s Health 2018 provides updates on recent developments and issues in women’s and children’s health. Evidence-based management strategies are discussed with the goal to engage the interdisciplinary team in improving care for women, children and their families. POGO has been planned to engage Family Physicians, Specialist Physicians, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Residents, Midwives and students in the health sciences professions. Other health professionals are also welcome to attend. The format includes interactive plenary presentations and small group sessions.
Participants attending POGO – Women’s & Children’s Health will:
• Identify approaches for the screening, diagnosis and management of common health issues in women and children
• Propose evidence-based management and risk reduction strategies for health issues affecting women and children across the lifespan
• Decide when to refer for specialized treatment
• Describe new technologies and programs in women’s and children’s health
• Apply the most current practice guidelines affecting women and children
• Advocate for improvements in the healthcare system through interprofessional collaboration and the establishment of partnerships with clients and families focusing on cultural safety and humility