Information for Assessors
SIPPA is actively recruiting assessors for the Clinical Field Assessment (CFA). SIPPA has urgent need for assessors in rural family medicine and the ER.
Physicians who wish to be Assessors should contact the SIPPA coordinator for more information.
The Assessors primary duties are:
- Orientation of the candidate to the CFA site including local and regional healthcare services.
- Provision of exposure to clinical situations as appropriate for the purpose of assessment of candidates (ambulatory/clinic, ER, hospital in-patient ward and long term care).
- Assess candidate’s practice readiness at the level of A CANADIAN TRAINED FAMILY PHYSICIAN ENTERING PRACTICE.
- Assess candidate’s basic communication ability.
- Record evaluation of candidate performance on the applicable report forms during the assessment.