As an administrative unit reporting to the Vice President Finance and Resources, our mission is to achieve excellence in pursuit of the University’s goals by supporting effective and innovative stewardship of resources, assets, institutional relationships, business opportunities and risk.
This will be accomplished by:
- Providing professional legal, business, contract, risk and insurance services
- Fostering a culture of responsible risk management
- Ensuring business related revenue opportunities are optimized
- Building and maintaining sound strategic relationships with partners, affiliates and other external entities
In preparation for the Second Integrated Planning Cycle for the 2008/09 to 2011/12 fiscal years, the University developed and agreed upon a small number of planning themes to provide focus and a consensus for action at all levels of the University. Corporate Administration has identified several initiatives which call for action to improve service quality, achieve efficient stewardship of University assets and enhance services that impact students.
Major functions of Corporate Administration include:
- Coordination and management of legal services
- Contract coordination and development – primary resource including policy, training, negotiation and resolution of issues
- Risk management and insurance services – primary resource including enterprise risk management (ERM), risk consulting and assessment, loss control and prevention, insurance management, claims management
- Stewardship of non-core campus land and real estate
- Development of business opportunities and revenue optimization strategies
- Corporate reporting of related entities
- Copyright education, coordination and administration
- Corporate policy development and support