- Missed meals will not be reimbursed.
- The university reserves the right to make adjustments as needed to meal times and locations.
- Vegetarian and gluten sensitive options are available at every meal to accommodate dietary needs.
- Taxes are applicable to plans that are less than 10 meals per week per term. On the combination plans, Taxes have been calculated in the cost of meals at Marquis Culinary Centre.
- For Weekly Meal Plans:
- Your meal plan is non-transferable and is valid only to the person to whom the plan has been sold.
- Unused meals do not carry forward into the next term.
- Meals must be used before the end of the term to which the plan applies. Term 1 meal plans expire on Dec. 22, 2017 following dinner and Term 2 meal plans expire April 28, 2018 following dinner.
Food Allergy and Gluten Warning
- While the U of S Culinary Services does not have gluten-free or allergen free kitchens and serving lines, we do take every precaution to check ingredient information and to ensure that cross contamination of ingredients does not occur. Ingredients and nutritional content may vary. Manufacturers may change their product formulation or consistency without our knowledge and product availability may fluctuate, we cannot assure against these contingencies. It is the responsibility of the customer with food allergies or other specified nutrition concerns to make the final judgment on whether or not to question the ingredients of a food item or to choose to eat the foods selected. Guests are encouraged to consider information provided, to their satisfaction, in light of their own individual needs and requirements.
Meals at Marquis Hall
- The Garry Room, located on the second level of Marquis Hall is the primary location for meal plans and provides a buffet.
- You may make as many trips to the buffet as you like, but food must be consumed in the dining room.
- Food taken out of the dining room is considered theft and may be subject to non-academic discipline.
Cash Card (CC) dollars
- CC dollars can be used at any of our designated Culinary Services dining locations. Please see Where to Eat for a complete list of locations with our hours of operation.
- When using your id card to access your plan, please inform the cashier that you are paying for your retail food purchases with CC dollars.
- GST is charged at the time of purchase on your Cash Card.
- You cannot cancel out of one plan and then select a different plan.
- CC dollars are non refundable and expire only when you are no longer an active student or staff member of the University of Saskatchewan.
- This contract for service may be terminated by giving written notice with proof of your withdrawal to Culinary Services. Notice will be considered to have been given when receipt of it is acknowledged by Culinary Services.
- Meal Plans are refundable with 30 days notice of your last meal, provided the above-written notice and proof have been received.
- A 25 per cent administration charge of the original purchase price will be retained by the University of Saskatchewan.
- A refund will be made by cheque, mailed to the address that you provide. Please allow 15 working days for the university to process your refund
ID card use
- You must be an active student or staff member and already have an ID card. In the event that you do not have an ID card, please contact Culinary Services.
- For your protection and security, the only person authorized to use your card is you.
- If you are a returning student and already have a student card, please complete the meal membership application form and fax or email your form to us. Your plan will be activated within 24 hours during week day office hours Monday to Thursday. In the event your meal plan is not activated, please call Culinary Services at 306-966-6791, Monday to Friday, 9 am to 4 pm
- In the event of a lost or stolen ID card, the card holder must inform the Card Office in writing as soon as possible. The card holder is responsible for all purchases made using the card until such notification is made. There is a $20 replacement card fee for lost, stolen, or damaged cards. Please see the U of S Bookstore in Marquis Hall for further information