Foreign Trained Dentists
There is a separate category in which ONE first year space is reserved for a foreign trained dentist. Applicants in this category will compete in a separate pool and must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Applicants must have earned a dental degree from a recognized dental college other than in Canada or the United States of America.
- Proof of degree and offical transcripts must be provided.
- Applicants must meet the Saskatchewan residency rules.
- If applicable, applicants must present satisfactory evidence of proficiency in English.
- Applicants must take the Dental Aptitude Test (DAT) administered by the Canadian Dental Association and meet the minimum DAT requirements for all applicants.
- Applicants must interview at the University of Saskatchewan for the year in which admission is being sought. Please note: Candidates may be disqualified from the admission competition for the year under consideration if their interview score is significantly below the mean of the current pool of candidates.
- Applicants must provide a one-page biography (curriculum vita) on relevant dental experiences and other information that would be helpful to the Admissions Committee.
Admission under the foreign trained dentist category is NOT guaranteed.