IMPORTANT NOTICE: On April 26, 2014, the University of Saskatchewan approved the following changes to the qualifications for admission to the College of Dentistry effective the 2015-2016 admissions cycle:
1. To require applicants to have completed three full time (30 credit unit) years of university level course work leading to an undergraduate level degree between September and April as a condition of admission.
2. To require a 6-credit human physiology course (PHSI 208.6 or it's equivalent) as a prerequisite for admission.
3. To require a Criminal Record Check as a condition of admission.
Applicants for the 2014-2015 admission cycle will not be affected by these changes.
Become a Dentist
The College of Dentistry offers a fully accredited dental program with a proud tradition of excellence in teaching and research. Innovative learning, research, and clinical experiences are provided for students during the academic year.
The College of Dentistry admission quota is normally 28 applicants with 22 places reserved for Saskatchewan residents and up to 6 places open to all other applicants regardless of residency. For the 2013-2014 academic year, the College received 414 applications. The mean Academic Average for the 2013-2014 intake (including Saskatchewan and non-Saskatchewan resident categories) was 90.27%.
The College of Dentistry has a set of admissions standards, processes, and important dates.
These are explained in the step-by-step Process Overview.
When you understand the process;
- determine your applicant category,
- find out the requirements,
- and the selection criteria before you apply.
Student life is also all about embarking on new experiences, making lifelong friends, and getting involved in the wide variety of social activities within the college.
Friends for life
Social activities, intramural sports, and volunteering - along with shared learning experiences - builds important relationships that carry on long after you graduate.
Approximately 21 full-time and 60 part-time dedicated faculty ensures an excellent student to faculty ratio.