IMPORTANT NOTICE: The College of Dentistry is considering requiring applicants to have completed a four-year undergraduate degree as a requirement for admission. Information on this requirement will be posted on the website as it becomes available.
In order to be considered for admission, applicants must have a minimum overall average of at least 70% in the required university-level pre-dentistry courses.
- University of Saskatchewan Pre-Dentistry Courses
- University of Regina Pre-Dentistry Courses
- Higher-Level Pre-Dentistry Courses
Applicants must have a minimum overall average of 70% in the required pre-dentistry courses completed by the end of the previous academic year prior to application but may complete any outstanding pre-dentistry courses during the year of application.
All pre-dentistry requirements must be completed by the end of April of the year in which admission is being sought.
Please note: applicants cannot use required pre-dentistry courses completed during the year of application to "bring up" the overall average of the pre-dentistry courses to the minimum required 70%.
Completion of pre-dentistry requirements does not guarantee admission.
Examples of equivalent courses from Canadian post secondary institutions are listed on the Equivalency List. Acceptable course equivalencies follow these general guidelines:
- Biology – one full year (two terms) of introductory level biology; must include labs
- General Chemistry – one half year (one term) of introductory general chemistry; must include a lab
- Organic Chemistry – one half year (one term) of introductory organic chemistry; must include a lab
- Physics – one full year (two terms) of introductory level university Physics. Acceptable topics include mechanics, wave motion and sound, heat, electricity and magnetism, light and modern physics; must include a lab. Unacceptable topics include astronomy and high fidelity.
- Social Science/Humanities – one full year (two terms) of social science/humanities course(s)
- Biochemistry, molecular – one half year course that covers molecular biology
- Biochemistry, metabolism – one half year course that covers metabolism
- Physiology - one full year (two terms) of human physiology
Admission requirements are subject to change from year-to-year.