65% Overall Weighting
- Applicants must have completed three (3) full 30-credit unit years of university level course work leading to an undergraduate degree program prior to admission.
- A Program Monitor Form (or equivalent) completed and signed by an academic advisor for the degree program is required.
- Applicants must have a minimum overall average of 70% in required pre-dentistry courses completed by the end of the previous academic year prior to application but may complete any outstanding pre-dentistry courses during the year of application.
- Overall pre-dentistry average and academic average will determine the applicant's eligibility for further admission consideration. All required pre-dentistry courses must be completed by the end of April the year admission is being sought with an overall average of at least 70%. Applicants who have not completed this requirement will not be considered.
- In addition to completing the specified required pre-dentistry courses, students must choose a program and courses that will lead to an undergraduate degree for an alternate career should dentistry no longer be a viable option.
- It is recommended that applicants’ program of studies be in the area of the natural sciences.
- The full weighting of 65% is given to the two best academic years of study. Each academic year must have no fewer than 30 credit units of university level course work. An academic year is defined as two standard academic terms consisting of eight consecutive months (September to April).
- Applicants must have obtained a minimum cumulative weighted average of 75% over their two best academic years of study. Courses taken during the application year will NOT be included in the academic average calculation.
- Applicants will not be considered if they do not have the required minimum credit units within the 8-month period, September to April, or the minimum cumulative weighted average.
- Applicants who take a correspondence class must complete the class and write the final exam by the end of April.
Please note that a minimum cumulative weighted average of 75% does not guarantee admission.
Non-Saskatchewan Transfer Credentials
Applicants who have attended other post-secondary institutions must complete the equivalent of the required pre-dentistry courses and a minimum of three (3) 30-credit unit years of study as defined above. Applicants who have not completed these requirements will not be considered.