Conference Program 2003
SIXTH ANNUAL CONFERENCE
Sponsored by the College of Education, University of Saskatchewan
Wednesday and Saturday, March 28 & 29, 2003
Friday, March 28 - 7:30pm
Bishop John S. Spong
"The Christ Who Breaks the Boundaries of Prejudice"
Knox United Church
838 Spadina Crescent East
This public lecture is supported by the University of Saskatchewan's Visiting Lecture Fund.
Saturday, March 29, 2003
Morning Plenary Session
9:00am - 4:30 pm
The morning will consist of interactive drama led by Warren Linds, a report on the significance of the Supreme Court decision in the Surrey Book Banning Case by Paul Clarke, and panel on best practices involving G&L issues. Concurrent sessions in the afternoon will include:
- Andre P. Grace, Kristopher Wells, and Mark Holcroft, "Queer and Allied Educators as Cultural Workers: Working for Social Change, Building Inclusive Communities."
- Michael Hamann, "This Little Light of Mine–-Growing Up Gay in the Lutheran Church"
- Martin Cannon, "Reflections on the Regulation of First Nations Sexuality"
- Brent Hocking and Kevin Kirkland, "Troubling Topics for Inclusive Education: Becoming Spiritual Warriors/Worriers"
- Liz Mooney and Carla Lorer, "When Will It Be Safe? The Need to Go Beyond Lesson Plans"
- Noreen O'Haire, "Seeing the Rainbow: Teachers Talk about BLST/TS Realities"
- Karen LaPointe and Margi Corbett, "Developing Policy for Safe Schools"
Other items will be added to the program as they are confirmed.