Conference Program 2015
Sponsored by the College of Education, University of Saskatchewan
- We will welcome seven high school activists from Vancouver who will tell us about their role over the past year in changing Vancouver School Board’s (VSB’s) trans* policy. Meet this engaging group of young people on their fund-raising video: http://igg.me/at/breakingsilence2015/x/9820094
- Helen Smith-McIntyre and Bill Rafoss (Amnesty International) will provide us with an update on status of rights for LGBT peoples worldwide. It isn’t a pretty picture.
- The presentation of the seventh Peter Corren Award to someone who has made major contributions to the cause of equality for LGBT persons in our province. Always a highlight!
Afternoon breakout sessions,
- you can meet our young Vancouver guests up close,
- hear personal stories of three people who have been working for change in religious institutions,
- discuss the challenges facing trans* kids in families and schools,
- learn about activism, and
- be introduced to libraries resources that are available for use in schools and at home, and much, much more!
Slam poets will energize you at the end of the day!