2013 Participant Comments
The following comments were selected as representative of participant response to a request as part of SPSC 2013 Evaluation to provide a closing Additional Comment about the program.
- Quality of speakers – all are excellent, current in the field and shared openly
- Ethics, legal plenaries/breakouts answered a lot of questions for the neophyte admin.
- Variety of speakers. Law, finance, etc. Thanks for bringing in a Ministry perspective
- Breakout sessions are a great way to address specific issues.
- The framework used for organization of session and the diversity of sessions were great.
- Small group sessions great for discussing questions that arose.
- Ability to choose different sessions and that each session had a variety of topics aimed at different groups.
- The topics and presenters were amazing! All sessions were relevant and interesting.
- The variety of topics addressed were valuable to me as a future administrator. I gained an important overview of the issues that an administrator will face daily.
- The value of the small group facilitator …(was) fabulous, easily the most valuable piece of my week.
- Our small group sessions were empowering – created a sense of community and built strong connections.
- I felt that the small group sessions were so important to the sharing and learning. I felt comfortable sharing and have networked and now have people I can call and ask questions to.
- (There was a) wealth of information provided by our facilitator.
- The hotel is a great location for the conference.
- Wonderful breakfast/lunches = time to network/chat comfortably.
- Having FN content and presenters, this helps everybody realize the need and the importance of teaching Treaties, it helps to reach respect.
- The importance of instructional leadership is key.
- Great tools/analogies used to create a connection to instructional leadership.
- TONS of information as a first year admin – very exciting and informational.