Educational Technology & Design
Applying to the Program
What is Educational Technology and Design?
Educational Technology and Design is one of the fastest growing areas in education. Every sector of education is implementing information technology at an unprecedented pace. Educational, business and service opportunities abound for professionals in distance education and instructional design. In short, we are in a time of great excitement and opportunity. This is an invitation for you to join in the adventure.
Over the past two decades, the Educational Technology and Design graduate program developed an excellent reputation, and became one of the best in the country. Our faculty enjoys international recognition, have received numerous awards for teaching, production, leadership and research, have published several significant books, and regularly contribute research and scholarly papers to leading journals and academic conferences.
Our Program boasts three former presidents of the Association for Media and Technology in Education in Canada (AMTEC), editorships of board memberships on leading journals, and our alumni occupy positions of leadership in Canada, the United States, Mexico and abroad. When you enter the graduate program in Educational Technology and Design, you join a large and growing network of scholarship and practice.
Who are the Candidates?
- Teachers who are interested in the application of technology in classrooms, or who are looking for leadership positions in technology education.
- Educators interested in adult or continuing education, training programs in business and industry, and educational technology leadership positions in community colleges, training institutes and universities.
- Educators interested in instructional design and who are interested in consulting with clients to solve instructional and information technology challenges.
Our alumni work in distance education, instructional design, information technology, web-based learning, multimedia design, training, media education and media administration.
Entrance Requirements - Do You Qualify?
In order to be considered for admission to Educational Technology and Design, you must meet the following conditions:
A professional Bachelor's degree or the equivalent of a four-year Bachelor of Arts.
- At least 18 credit units of undergraduate coursework in Education. *Note: We have requested that three years of teaching experience, including experience in a variety of educational contexts, count to satisfy this requirement. Approval is pending.
- Normally, we require a minimum of one year of practical experience in education or a related field.
- An average of 70% in your most recent 60 credit units of university coursework.
You may apply at any time. In most cases, your will be asked to attend an admissions interview with faculty. We limit our intake of new graduate students each year, so competition for available positions in the program is strong.
How Do You Apply?
There are no absolute deadlines for applications. We look at them in the order they are received. However, remember that spaces in Educational Technology and Design are limited and we try to identify our incoming cohort of students by May; so we suggest you apply as early as possible.If you require more information,