Integrated Master of Education
How do I Apply?
Applications are considered for September, January and Spring/ Summer entry
- Applications will be reviewed each academic term (Fall, Winter, Spring/summer). On your letter of intent, please indicate in which term you wish to start and ensure your application is complete well in advance of the start date. Applications do take considerable time to complete and process so begin early.
- Applications are considered for September, January and Summer entry
- March 1 is the deadline for those wishing to be considered for a scholarship
To complete your application, please apply online and then forward or arrange to have forwarded to the Department:
- A letter of intent using the following template:
1. Please identify if you are requesting a thesis- or course-based program and the term in which you wish to start.
2. If you are applying to enter a cohort, please name the cohort (Lifelong Learning, Land-based Indigenous Education, or Critical Environmental Education) and state why you are a good candidate for this cohort (Please check descriptions and date of next intake for each cohort).
2. Write a 600-800 word essay outlining how your personal and academic background prepares you for the program of study you wish to undertake. In your essay, we invite you to consider the following questions:
What are my personal and professional aspirations in taking this program of study?
How has my academic background, personal life, and work experience prepared me for undertaking this program of study?
To what questions am I seeking answers?
What is my experience with writing academic papers?
How would I describe my writing capacities?
What other ways do I engage and share knowledge?
- A résumé of previous employment;
- A transcript of your university grades (not necessary if the grades are from U of S). In order to be accepted into the Master’s Program, your last 60 c.u. must have a cumulative weighted average of 70% or higher. Transcripts must be sent directly from the institution to the department (See address below);
- A non-refundable application fee of $75.00 is required when you submit your application. This fee can be paid online or is payable by certified cheque or money order in Canadian funds, payable to the University of Saskatchewan.
- If you are an International Applicant, we may require additional items.
Please see: http://www.usask.ca/cgsr/admission/international_info.php
Please note that if you are required to take a test for English language proficiency your test results must have the minimum score for each category. For language requirements see http://www.usask.ca/cgsr/admission/language.php
Please arrange to have all documents sent to:
Attn: Graduate Applications Secretary
Room 3079, Educational Foundations
College of Education
28 Campus Drive
University of Saskatchewan
Saskatoon, SK S7N 0X1
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the graduate secretary at: email@example.com
How and when will I know if my application is accepted?
Acceptance is a two-part process. Your application is first reviewed by a departmental committee and, if successful, by the College of Graduate Studies and Research. The department generally reviews applications on a seasonal basis (see deadlines above) and forwards positive recommendations to CGSR. The student is then notified of acceptance by CGSR. Most correspondence is online, but some items may be mailed. If you move, or change your e-mail address, please supply the department firstname.lastname@example.org with a change of address notification.
For more information, visit the College of Graduate Studies and Research website.