Thank you for your interest in the Department of Educational Psychology and Special Education.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATES FOR GRADUATE PROGRAMS:
All relevant documents for admission the following September need to be received by:
School and Counselling Psychology: December 15
Educational Psychology and Special Education: December 15
Please note that incomplete applications will not be forwarded onto the Admissions Committee for review.
- Apply online at http://www.usask.ca/cgsr/applying.
- A non-refundable application fee of $90.00 CDN can be made online with your application or by cash, cheque, credit card, or money order (payable to the College of Graduate Studies and Research) sent or brought to the Graduate Secretary, Department of Educational Psychology and Special Education. If you would like a form to send credit card information, please contact the Graduate Secretary.
- References: the email addresses of three people recommending you for our program should be entered during the application process. The University of Saskatchewan then contacts them to supply an electronic Letter of Recommendation.
- Official Transcripts from universities you have previously attended other than the University of Saskatchewan. The transcripts must be mailed directly from the University Registrar's office of the institutions you have attended. We can obtain your U of S record from the main U of S computer system.
- Further information in the form of:
a. Personal Statement of Intent: This should be a 2-3 page (maximum) letter that supports your application. The statement should include reference to your academic or professional preparation of the program, indication of your commitment to the program and relevance of the program to your career aspirations.
b. Current Resume
These two items (along with any application fee not paid online) should be sent to:
THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY AND SPECIAL EDUCATION
EDUCATION BUILDING - ROOM 3360
28 CAMPUS DRIVE
UNIVERSITY OF SASKATCHEWAN
SASKATOON SK S7N 0X1
Attention: applicants to the School & Counselling Psychology Program need to provide the following additional materials:
- a. Pre-requisite Checklist Form A - download PDF document
b. Approved Prerequisite Equivalent Courses - Check the most up-to-date Course Equivalency List. Courses that have been assessed as equivalent (or not) to University of Saskatchewan courses are listed by university. The attached list is current to October 1, 2012. If a course you'd like reviewed for equivalency is not listed, please forward a course equivalency request to the EPSE graduate secretary at email@example.com and attach the course syllabus/calendar course description.
- A Personal Letter of reference from a recent supervisor or employer able to comment on your personal qualities that suggest your suitability for a future career as a helping professional. This is a separate reference letter sent to the Department of Educational Psychology and Special Education by the writer and is in addition to the three Letters of Recommendation supplied through the online application process.
Please also send them to the department at the address above.
Please note that in some cases a personal interview may be required.
If you require further information please contact the Graduate Secretary by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Once you are accepted into the Department of Educational Psychology and Special Education you are required to pay a $100 departmental resource fee.
For information on College of Graduate Studies policies or procedures please visit their website http://www.usask.ca/cgsr or call (306) 966-5751