Who We Are
2013-2014 Education Students' Society Executive Council
- President: Maryssa Wilde
- VP Admin: Ashley Colson
- VP Internal: Shannon Wandler
- VP Academic: Madison Kjargaard
- VP Social: Patrick Wills
- Senior STF Rep: Sam Fulton
- MSC Rep: Borden Miller
- MSC Rep: Morgan Jangula
- Fundraising Coordinator: Stacey Kotsanidis
- Post Intern Rep: Drew Ross
- Post Intern Rep: Breanne Swarbrick
- Post Intern Rep: Wendy Li
The Education Students’ Society (ESS) exists
to represent, enhance and promote the academic and non-academic interests
of all Education students in the college through unified, accountable
and effective leadership. The Education Students’ Society seeks to
enhance the experience of Education students by providing both professional
and extra curricular opportunities for growth.
The following principles shall guide the ESS in all of its
1) Involvement and Leadership:
The ESS believes that student’s
should participate in their college communities to enhance their experience
within the College of Education. Involvement also extends to participating
in the community at large to provide leadership experiences to enhance
professional skills, and to provide personal satisfaction. Teachers may
feel that they are in the unique position to affect future generations of
our society; the ESS would contend that involvement and leadership are the
first steps down this road.
The ESS understands that communication is the key to
helping all of the sub-groups within the College of Education to become
aware of the opportunities provided by the ESS. Effective communication
and promotion will help students in the College of Education to become
involved in the college and the community in order to attain leadership experience
and ultimately personal and professional growth.
- To increase student awareness, participation
and involvement in the college and the community by providing professional
development and social opportunities.
- To provide academic advocacy for students as required.
- To constitute a recognized medium of communication between
the students of the College of Education and the Faculty of the College of Education,
the Saskatchewan Teacher’s Federation (S.T.F.), the University Students’ Council
(U.S.C.), and other organizations.
- To bridge the gap between students within the various academic programs
in the College of Education.
- To keep in mind that the ESS is a non-profit organization and as
such should make decisions guided by what will best serve the student
- To provide financial support to those events and charities that are
directly related to the University of Saskatchewan and the College of
- To support the events and charities that are related to the profession
or that foster collegiality within the University as a whole.