Who are we?
- We are a course council, an affiliate of the Graduate Studentsí Association
(GSA) of the University of Saskatchewan. We were formed in September
- Our course council represents approximately 400 graduate students in
the five departments of the College of Education. As such, we are the
largest course council on campus.
- This course council is part of the larger University of Saskatchewan
Graduate Studentsí Association. An executive member attends the monthly
GSA meetings that concern issues for graduate students such as the health
plan and graduate bursaries.
- Every term, you pay approximately $25 in Graduate Student Fees to support
the work of the GSA in advocating for and meeting the needs of graduate
students. Because we have our own council, we receive a small portion
of those fees as a rebate per term based on the number of graduate students
in our college. These rebates are used to support some of our activities.
What do we do?
- We serve as a student voice on different committees in the College. For
example, an executive member from the EdGSA attends the monthly College
of Education faculty meetings, the scheduled Graduate Student Coordinators
meetings, and the scheduled Faculty Policy and Planning Committee.
- We organize opportunities for graduate students to get to know each
other in informal settings.
- We organize professional development opportunities that suit the needs
of our graduate students. In the past we have organized a variety of workshops
on academic writing, conducting an extensive job search and writing an
effective CV and cover letter.
- We are working with the Student Employment and Career Center (SECC)
to extend the Education Career Fair to include graduate students.
- We can support graduate students. If a graduate student has a question
or concern, we can provide advice or direct students to where they might
find assistance, such as the Student Help Center.
How do I get involved?
We welcome your involvement in the EdGSA. If
you are interested in being involved, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.