Expectations for Pre-internship Field Study
BEd /B.Mus - EDST 420/427 Apply for EDST Placement (application not available at this time)
Field experiences for years one through three are administered through the Music department. Year four field experiences are two full-time weeks that include the following.
- Focus primarily on PGP Goal one.
- Team-teach at least two or three sequential lessons in the same class.
- This may be taught with the cooperating teacher or colleagues.
- Plan, teach, and write reflections with your colleague.
- Ask for informal feedback from a peer coach, faculty member or cooperating teacher.
- Focus primarily on Goal one, two, and three as outlined in the PGP.
- Plan and teach a series of three to five sequential lessons to a large group in the same class.
- Prepare lesson plans which include a section on assessment.
- These lessons may be planned and/or implemented individually or with the cooperating teacher or colleague.
- Elicit feedback from a peer coach or cooperating teacher and record examples of "evidence" and "reflections" on your lessons in the PGP goal sheets.
For additional information contact:
College of Education
28 Campus Drive
University of Saskatchewan