This page will be updated once the most recent information about SSHRC and CIHR internal review procedures has been released.
The University of Saskatchewan has implemented internal review processes for each the Tri-Agencies. Through internal review, applicants will receive critical peer-reviews with constructive feedback/suggestions to help strengthen their applications for national competition. Please note that internal review is separate from the Research Services technical compliance review.
The university procedure for the SSHRC internal review is as follows:
1. You must submit a Notice of Intent (NOI) to participate to Research Services 2 weeks prior to the internal review deadlines (which are approximately 2 1/2 months before the SSHRC deadlines). The review deadlines are:
- Insight Grant competition: August 1, 2013
- Partnership Development Grant competition: September 27, 2013
- Insight Development Grant competition: December 2, 2013
2. You must submit a (near) completed draft application including your CV to Research Services on or before the review deadline (listed above).
3. Research Services distributes your application to a single peer-reviewer from the University's SSHRC College of Reviewers. (Note: The internal review is anonymous.)
4. Research Services returns the feedback/suggestions to you approximately 1 month after the deadline.
Currently, the SSHRC internal review is not mandatory at the university.