Prospective Undergraduate Students
Welcome to the College of Education
NOTICE: The Undergraduate Application Deadline has been extended to February 15, 2015 for the following programs: Elementary, Secondary, Combined Kinesiology/Education, Technical Vocational Degree & Certificate
- Undergraduate Admission Process
- How to Apply
- Teaching Areas - Please check under Program Requirements
- Education Admission Statistics
These programs can be entered directly from high school, and have no university-level prerequisites to complete before entry.
The College of Education has suspended Direct Entry into PAA; Home Economics and Industrial Arts, for a period of one year (2015-16). We expect to advance a program framework, development of updated curriculum, and increase connections with community-based contexts in ways that might also offer advanced education opportunities for people interested in PAA teacher education.
Aboriginal and Northern Degrees
Non Direct Entry
These programs require university-level prerequisites before entry. At the U of S, it’s not about pushing you into a program before you’re ready. We believe that an informed teacher is a better teacher and, as such, we take the time to provide you with an advanced understanding of subject matter prior to commencing your teacher training.
- Certificate in Adult & Continuing Education (CACE)
- Certificate in Secondary Technical Vocational Education (CTV)
- Practical and Applied Arts: Home Economics or Industrial Arts
- Special Education Certificate (SPEC)
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
- Certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language (CERTESL)
- Indigenous Languages Certificate