Prospective Undergraduate Students
Welcome to the College of Education
A direct-entry admission option to the College of Education was approved by the University of Saskatchewan Senate on April 25, 2015. This option will be open to students applying for admission to the University of Saskatchewan for Fall 2016. An article about this change can be found here.
The sequential, or non-direct entry admission option, for which students complete 60 credit units of pre-education coursework in the College of Arts and Science before applying for admission to the College of Education, will also continue to be offered.
These programs can be entered directly from high school, and have no university-level prerequisites to complete before entry.
Aboriginal and Northern Degrees
Non Direct Entry
These programs require university-level prerequisites before entry. This route gives you an advanced understanding of subject matter prior to commencing your teacher training.
- Certificate in Adult & Continuing Education (CACE)
- Certificate in Secondary Technical Vocational Education (CTV)
- Practical and Applied Arts: Home Economics or Industrial Arts
- Special Education Certificate (SPEC)
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
- Certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language (CERTESL)
- Indigenous Languages Certificate
For more information please contact:
Programs Office, College of Education