Xerox NetScan instructions – College of Education
- If scanning a single sheet, put it in the Xerox. If scanning multiple sheets, put them in the document feeder.
- Touch 'Cancel' (if the Xerox is showing the code entry screen)
- Touch 'Network Scanning'
- If a message appears regarding "a partial list of scanning templates", Touch 'Close'
- Find your NSID in the list on the left, and select it.
- Press the Start button.
On your computer, the file will appear in the NetScan folder as a PDF.
If there is no NetScan folder on the desktop, you can create one yourself by following these steps:
- Right Click on your desktop
- Choose New->Shortcut
- Enter this as the location: \\jade\Education\NetScan
- Click Next
- Click Finish
(Note: on some computers you may need to enter your NSID and password to make this connection – when entering your NSID, it must be preceded by “USASK\” - without the quotes…i.e. USASK\abc123)
- Under the ‘Go’ menu, choose ‘Connect to Server’
- Enter this as the server: smb://jade.usask.ca/Education/NetScan
- Click Connect
- The username and password prompt will appear – enter your NSID and password (not your Mac username and password)
If you need to then insert images from the PDF into Word or PowerPoint, you can follow the instructions located here (you can skip Step One as your computer should already have Adobe Reader installed):
If you have a Mac, you should be able to use the Insert Image from File tool in Word or Powerpoint and select the PDF file.
Back to Technical Support Page