|Faculty & Staff|
A customizable web environment at the U of S, PAWS offers Personalized Access to Web Services for students, faculty, staff, alumni and other members of the University community. PAWS is personalized to you and customizable—when you log in you will find information and services specific to your role at the University.
PAWS contains a variety of web-based tools, including email, calendar and groups, and gives you role-based access to a wide range of information and services such as registration, transcripts, grades, course home pages, library tools, financial information and more.
- Single login to register for any scheduled courses
- Easy to find web based training resources with an added search feature.
- A current registrations page, allowing you to see when and where your registered courses run
Accounts and Passwords - Learn about computer accounts and the Network Service ID. Read the guidelines for choosing your password and find out how to change your password. And more...
Services and Support - Learn about PAWS, email, file storage‚ blogs and webpages‚ web content management, wired and wireless networks‚ printing‚ telephones‚ training and many other services that ITS provides.
Hardware and Software - View the Campus Computer Store website or learn about computer and printer repair services. You can also learn about Sophos Anti-virus software and other hardware and software information.
Guides and Resources - Find a variety of guides including the student computing guide and several set-up guides for different services. You can also find a list of computer labs, review University IT policies and locate Help Desks on campus.
IT4U will provide opportunities for University of Saskatchewan students to acquire the Information Technology skills and knowledge necessary to achieve success in their academic and professional endeavors by focusing on:
- Awareness and training within new systems (e.g., Wikis, Adobe Connect etc)
- Targeted areas (Computer Security, File management, Media & Graphic Design, Mobile Computing, Group Collaboration, Word Processing, Presentation Design, Spreadsheet, PAWS, Statistical Software, Web Site Design)
- Online and self-directed learning
- Third party applications assistance; Campus-wide distributed applications assistance; computer tech issues assistance
- Facilitation of peer help sessions (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel Graphing, Word Processing table of contents, etc)
List of IT4U Student Workshops - most are about 50 minutes long
Services - Equipment Booking and Media Installation, Consulting, Media Access Centre, Production, Media Store
Training for Equipment borrowed from EMAP (media carts, etc.)
The Gwenna Moss Centre for Teaching Effectivness, in collaboration with other units and individuals, offers programs, services, and resources to encourage, enhance, and support teachers, teaching, and the scholarship of teaching and learning at the University of Saskatchewan.
A Learning Commons is a place for learning, research, intellectual discussions, technology and access to academic resources and support. It is a common space situated within libraries at the U of S where students, staff and faculty can congregate to work, study, collaborate and learn. There are seven Learning Commons locations across campus.
Located in an attractive, comfortable, and convenient space, the new Learning Commons in the Murray Library is designed to enhance the student experience. Not only will it be a social learning space for group and individual study, but also it will provide access to learning resources and technological and academic help, not to mention the best coffee on campus.