The goal of the organizational design strategy is to redesign the university’s organizational systems, structures, governance, policies and processes to increase efficiency, effectiveness, improve implementation of the strategic directions, and reduce duplication and operating expenses by 2015-16.
A focus will be placed on organizational structure, roles, coordinating mechanisms, cross-university process, policies, leadership and accountabilities, and will look at both administrative and academic functions.
Projects within organizational design will look at:
- Growth in administration
- Fragmentation, duplication and competition
- Administrative culture – management, different professionals, specialized services, policies and procedures
- Variation in funding and reporting structures
- Formal and informal coordinating mechanisms between academic and non-academic units, and centralized and decentralized units
- Role confusion, duplication and inefficiencies