Units are responsible to ensure all transactions they initiate are tax-compliant. For example, units must ensure that:
- GST and PST are properly charged, collected and remitted on all sales of taxable goods or services.
- Appropriate GST recovery rates are applied against the units' CFOAPAL(s).
- Tax is properly accounted for on the acquisition of goods or services.
- Payroll Services is made aware of situations that may require the assessment of a taxable benefit (e.g., employer-paid parking) and any other unique payroll issue.
- Units are compliant with charity taxation laws
This section of the FSD's website provides resources to assist units in the area of tax compliance in the following categories:
If, after reading the information contained in the above sections, additional assistance is required, units can contact Manager - Taxation at 966-2461.