Housing assistance is provided to aid in the purchase of a new principal residence. As the loan is without interest, it is subject to a taxable benefit. To be eligible, you must be in-scope of USFA in a tenure-track or term position or a permanent, seasonal or term (*with 3 or more years remaining in the appointment) Exempt position.
Advance amount and repayment:
- Maximum of $12,000 for exempt employees, repayable as a direct payroll deduction over a maximum period of five years, or the duration of the term*, whichever is shorter.
- Maximum of $30,000 for members in scope of USFA, repayable as a payroll deduction over a maximum period of five years, or the duration of the term, whichever is shorter.
To apply for this assistance:
- Complete the appropriate Housing Assistance Application Form and submit it, along with the required documents described within the form, to: email@example.com
- Upon receipt of the above, Payroll will review the documentation and if all is in order, contact you to arrange for signing of the required promissory note.
- Once forms are successfully completed, funds will be direct deposited.
The housing assistance program is a benefit for University of Saskatchewan employees. If you leave the employ of the University for any reason before the assistance is completely repaid, then the balance is due on demand before you leave.
|Housing Application Form - USFA||
|Housing Application Form - Exempt||