Jan 05, 2012
Customs & Brokerage Information Sessions
Purchasing Services - Financial Services Division and Thompson Ahern International offered a half-day Customs & Brokerage Information Session entitled "Canadian Customs Review - Processes, Responsibilities & Changes".
Discussion topics included:
- Importing into Canada: An overview of impending changes, plus details on personal transportation of commercial goods.
- Who's responsible - Broker? Importer? Supplier?
- Documentation requirements & Administrative Monetary Penalty System (AMPS).
- U.S. Customs Clearance overview & other relevant topics relating to importing and exporting issues.
- Customs Brokerage Information Session February 8, 2012