- Use the 4MAT lesson planning model to design lessons that reach a wide variety of learners
- Integrate effective methods of formative assessment as well as summative assessment into their course design
- Align course learning outcomes with appropriate assessment techniques and approaches to classroom instruction
- familiarization with essential teaching theory and practices
- development of feedback skills
- approaches to writing learning objectives and lesson plans
- skills and confidence in implementing the aforementioned by teaching three mini-lessons, and receiving invaluable feedback from peers and the facilitators
- skills for critical self-reflection
- establishing supportive relationships with peers
Dedicated third space work time for faculty and instructors. Bring your teaching project, course design plans, or any other teaching related work you have to the GMCTE during this time. Our staff will be available to help you with your work, if you need.
Your course syllabi can be very important to the students in your classes, providing them with information on assignments, quizzes and exams, your office hours and other valuable information about the class. But, your syllabus can also show students about who you are as a person and an instructor through its format and tone.
The University of Saskatchewan Academic Courses Policy details the requirements of what should be included in every syllabus. This session will look at creating a course syllabus with this policy in mind.
We are pleased to announce Professor John Kleefeld of the College of Law as a recipient of the 2015 Brightspace Innovation Award in Teaching and Learning! Congratulations, John, you are deserving of this honour. Read more about John's innovative teaching and the Brightspace award in OCN here.
We would also like to congratulate this university's newest Master Teacher, Dr. Jay Wilson of the College of Education. Dr. Wilson is an exemplar teacher-scholar who has set a high standard on campus for teaching, research, and hilarity. Read more about the Master Teacher announcement in OCN here.