Would you appreciate the opportunity to enhance your teaching skills and strategies, based on theory and practice, before classes start?
The GMCTE is offering a short professional development program to support faculty, sessional lecturers, and graduate student teachers. This four-day (24 hours total) workshop is recognized internationally as the Instructional Skills Workshop (http://iswnetwork.ca
). Your participation in the interactive workshop will facilitate:
- familiarization with essential teaching theory and practices
- development of feedback skills
- approaches to writing learning objectives and lesson plans
- skills and confidence in implementing the aforementioned by teaching three mini-lessons, and receiving invaluable feedback from peers and the facilitators
- skills for critical self-reflection
- establishing supportive relationships with peers
We encourage you to take advantage of this practical opportunity, and to register as soon as possible: spaces are limited.