- February 1 (for submitting nominations to the colleges)
- February 15 (for colleges to forward their nominee to the GMCTE)
- Nominators: Students, alumni, faculty, departments, or colleges are eligible to nominate a candidate.
- Nominations and supporting materials: limited to 15 pages.
- Normally, a nomination would include a two-page letter of nomination plus a three-page abbreviated CV, a statement of teaching philosophy, three to five letters of support—at least three of which should be from peers (faculty, colleagues, instructors or department heads)—and a summary of student evaluations (commentary or data, such as SEEQ profiles).
About the Awards
The Provost’s College Awards for Outstanding Teaching annually recognize an outstanding teacher in each College at the University of Saskatchewan.
The recipient will receive an award of $1,000 to be used to support a project or scholarship in teaching and learning. The award will be transferred to a University of Saskatchewan account. Please note that in order to hold the award funding, the recipient must be employed by the University.
One award will be made annually and the recipient will be recognized at a Celebration of Teaching hosted by the Gwenna Moss Centre for Teaching Effectiveness.
Eligibility and Selection
The awards will be presented to individuals who demonstrate (click to expand):