February 15 (submit to the GMCTE)
- Nominators: students, peers, department heads, or deans may nominate candidates. Individuals may also nominate themselves.
- Nominees and nominators may find it useful to use the teaching portfolio as a model. For further information about teaching portfolios, visit the Portfolios page.
- Nomination packages: no longer than 50 pages, single-sided.
- Please submit an electronic (PDF) copy of all nomination materials.
- Candidates for the award will demonstrate:
- effectiveness in undergraduate lectures / discussions / studios laboratories
- a command of their subject area
- skills in organizing and developing class material
- capacity to motivate and inspire students.
About the Award
Teaching by Sessional Lecturers is of major importance in fulfilling the University’s commitment to giving all students first-rate instruction. The Sylvia Wallace Sessional Lecturer Award sponsored by The Gwenna Moss Centre for Teaching Effectveness annually recognizes the important and essential contribution of sessional lecturers to the University of Saskatchewan's teaching community.
The winner of the award receives $1,000 from The GMCTE and travelling costs to the next STLHE conference.
The award was established in 2001 to honour the memory of Dr. Sylvia Wallace, College of Pharmacy and Nutrition. Dr. Wallace was Associate Vice-President (Academic) at the University of Saskatchewan and a recipient of the University's Master Teacher Award. It recognizes exceptional competence in teaching - including superior command of the subject area, skills at organizing and developing class materials, and the capacity to motivate and inspire students.
Eligibility and Selection
Supporting Materials (click to expand)
D. Course Materials
E. Letter of Nomination
F. Letters of Endorsement
G. Evidence of Effectiveness