Nomination Deadlines: Awarded twice annually, at spring and fall convocation. Nominations are normally accepted on
- February 15
- August 15
- Nominators can be: students, alumni, faculty, departments, or colleges are eligible to nominate a candidate
- Nominations and supporting materials: limited to 50 pages including the cover page. Additional materials may be submitted (one paper copy only) as an appendix to be stored at The GMCTE for consultation by interested members of the committee.
- Formatting: 1 inch margins, 12 point font, numbered pages
- Nominations should be submited as a single (50 page maximum) PDF file
- Selection Committee: The Provost and Vice-President Academic, the Vice-Provost Teaching and Learning, Director of the Gwenna Moss Centre, and a panel of past recipients of the Master Teacher Award.
Sample Nomination Dossier
Dr. Norman Sheehan of Edwards School of Business and Master Teacher, Spring 2013, and his nominator, Dr. Fred Phillips have generously granted us permission to post his Master Teacher nomination dossier as an example. Dr. Phillips collected the materials and formatted the dossier. The dossier has been altered to protect the privacy of Dr. Sheehan, his students, and his colleagues.
About the Award
The University of Saskatchewan recognizes teaching as one of its primary functions, and it expects its faculty members to strive for excellence in teaching and learning. Faculty invest in their teaching so our students can receive a rich and satisfying educational experience in an academically vibrant learning environment. The University wishes to encourage investment in outstanding teaching and the Master Teacher Award provides one tangible acknowledgement of exceptional pedagogy at the U of S.
The recipient will receive a ring or a pin and an award of $1,000 and a master plaque listing past recipients of the award will be displayed in a prominent place on campus. Two awards are made annually - one at the Spring Convocation and one at the Fall Convocation