The GMCTE offers information and resources about grading and assessing students, as well as about assessing your own teaching practice.
Why is assessment important and how can it be done in a way that is fair to the students and the course objectives?
- Grading and Assessment of Students: A definition of terms, and a quick guide to assessment, grading and rubrics, including an example of a rubric, and information and links about academic integrity:
- Assessing and Evaluating your Teaching Practice: Information for teachers at all levels about how and why to assess their teaching, including a brief introduction to SEEQ and formative assessment, to the role played by assessment in a teaching portfolio, and a selection of resources and links.
- Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR): An introduction to PLAR, including forms and links to PLAR sites in and outside of Canada.
- Links to Assessment Resources: Sites dedicated to the study of assessment and evaluation.
- Academic Integrity: The U of S strives to create a campus culture that values and celebrates academic honesty, and hosts Academic Integrity Awareness Week each year in October.