For those parts of the conference where you can explore on your own, or for those of you in town for longer, you might be interested in some of the recommendations for food and beverages, both on campus and around the City.
On Campus Eating and Drinking
There are many options for eating and drinking on and around campus, some great for a quick coffee and a bite to eat, while others are world class dining experiences. Enjoy.
If you have a faculty club membership at your home university, both Boffins Club and the U of S Faculty Club participate in the Association of College and University Clubs so you are welcome to enjoy both clubs.
USSU managed Food and Drink:
- Browser's Used Bookstore and Cafe (Also serving a limited selection of beer and wine)
- Place Riel Facilities (More than just food and drink).
STM managed Food
- Choices at St. Thomas More 8:00am - 2:00pm (Operating an outdoor BBQ, weather permitting)
U of S Food Services
There are many options for eating and drinking on and around campus. Most on campus eating locations are managed by the University of Saskatchewan Food Services. Among other important information, their webspace has a google map of all on-campus retail locations that they manage.
- Arts Cafe' / A&W 8:00am - 3:00pm
- Tim Hortons 8:00am - 3:30pm (Arts and Geology), 7:30am - 1:30pm (Marquis)
- Starbucks 8:00am - 3:30pm
- Agriculture Café 8:00am - 1:30pm
- Marquis Culinary Centre 11:30am - 1:30pm
Near Campus Dining
This is dining within 5 minutes walk from the edge of campus.
Food and Drink Around Town
We have asked around our office for what people might recommend for food and drink around town. We have some favourites:
- 2nd Ave Grill (Downtown)
- La Bamba
- The Berry Barn (located a short drive south-west of town ... famous for its Saskatoon Berry dishes and desserts)
- Bliss Fine Food on Broadway
- Broadway Cafe
- Calories on Broadway
- The Granary (Steakhouse on 8th Street)
- Truffles Bistro (French cuisine) Downtown
- Mediterranno on Third Avenue
- New Island Sushi
- Las Palapas on Victoria
- Prairie Ink at McNally Robinson
- The Royal Thai
- Saigon Rose
- Szechuan Kitchen
- Taj Mahal
- Tastebuds on Lorne (cafe)
- Yip Hong's Dim Sum
- The Rook and Raven (Downtown)
- Flint on Second Avenue
- The Freehouse
- Lydia's Pub
- O'Shea's (Downtown)
- Staqqato Piano Bar (Downtown)
- The Yard and Flagon on Broadway