Can you get negative flows and storages?

CHRM - The Cold Regions Hydrology Model

This forum is intended to provide a way for CRHM users to request support and provide feedback related to the model's use, and also to enable peer-to-peer discussion.

Can you get negative flows and storages?

Postby skrogh » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:35 am

hi,
i'm working in a Chilean Patagonia basin. There's a lot of modules that i'm using, because of the number of hydrological processes that are involve, anyway, the number of measures variables are very small, and one of the important variable that i want to simulate is the runoff. I know that the aim of CRHM is to decrease the needed of calibrating, but this variable is very sensitive to soil moisture balance and netroute modules, which really needs to be calibrated.
So, my problem is that in some runs of my model i got negative flows and depression storages, is this a CRHM problem, should this not happend? .. has anyone gotten this problem too? ... Should i know some extra consideration to solve this problem?

thanks a lot

regards

sk

PS: sorry for my poor english
-----------

Sebastián Krögh N.
Master Science Student
Universidad de Chile
skrogh

Re: Can you get negative flows and storages?

Postby tbrown » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:30 pm

Hello Krogh,
My first suspicion is that you are using Muskingum for routing and your parameters are not correct. Ii you send me your project and observation files I will be able to locate the source of your problem.
Tom
tbrown

Return to CRHM Forum