Alertus Emergency Notifications App
The Alertus app is available as a free download. The University of Saskatchewan uses the app as part of its multi-device emergency alert system to warn the campus community when an emergency situation requires immediate action. By downloading the Alertus app, you will receive information and instructions as notifications on your smartphone or tablet.
NOTE: There is also an Alertus Desktop App which can be installed on your desktop computer.
To download the mobile app, follow these steps:
- Click the appropriate link for your smartphone or tablet below:
- Once the download is complete, open the app.
- You should see the Organization Setup page.
- In the Enter domain or code field, type “usask” and tap the Submit button.
- Follow the in-app instructions for proper notification settings on your device. (Ensure that notifications are set to deliver to your lock screen, appear as an alert when your device is unlocked and that the notification sound for the app is turned on).
- Successful installation will be indicated with a message that says: Your device is set up and will receive alerts sent by: University of Saskatchewan on the main app screen.