Microsoft Student Advantage
The Microsoft Student Advantage program allows students in all colleges at the U of S to download and install the latest Microsoft Office software on up to five computers at no cost. This includes full versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other titles.
Microsoft Office is available for both Windows and Macintosh computers. You can also use the Microsoft Office mobile app on your Apple or Android device. This software is available for your use as long as you are a U of S student. When you are no longer a student you will need to purchase an Office license or subscription to continue to use the software.Learn more about Microsoft Student Advantage.
Download and install Microsoft Office software:
- Log in to PAWS with your NSID and password.
- Click on Academics to expand it.
- Click on the Microsoft Student Advantage channel.
- Click the button Go to the U of S Office 365 login page.
- Log in as per the instructions on PAWS.
- Follow the steps for downloading and installing the software.
Continue following the next three steps only if you are installing Microsoft Office on a Macintosh
- Once you have downloaded and opened the Microsoft Office app you will be presented with a window offering three options:
- Enter product code
- Sign into a 365 subscription
- Continue trial
- Choose the second option: Sign into a 365 subscription.
- You will be prompted to enter your username: email@example.com and password: NSID password.