Stata statistical software is a complete, integrated statistical software package that provides everything you need for data analysis, data management, and graphics.
The software does not have to be installed on the local computer, but requires a 64-bit Windows operating system to run. It can only be used on a campus computer.
Use Stata on your computer:
- Open the network drive \\stata\stata14.
If the drive does not mount, you may need to provide a username in the form abc123@USASK, where abc123 represents your NSID, in order to log in.
- Right click on the file StataSE-64.exe and select the Copy link.
- Right click on the desktop and select the Paste shortcut link.
- Right click on the icon, select Properties and set the Start in field to a directory on your local machine.
- Click on the shortcut icon to start Stata.
If you do not have a 64-bit Windows system installed on your computer, you may still access this software through the remote access lab.
To explore more resources, please visit the StataCorp support page.
Contact research computing support for help on this program.