College and Unit Support
The Unit Support program provides colleges and administrative units with access to high-quality consulting and advice on IT needs, strategic planning and operational support. Customized service arrangements are tailored to each unit’s needs.
ICT Planning, Management and Support
Our support team can help your unit reduce costs and risks by:
- Advising on the design, selection and implementation of cost-effective technology solutions.
- Ensuring new technologies (e.g. smartphones, tablets) are effectively integrated into academic and administrative functions.
- Facilitating the use of university IT services and standards to ensure information is accessible and secure.
- Providing proactive computing device management to keep your systems operational and minimize downtime.
- Delivering on-site and remote support as you pursue your teaching, research and administrative activities.
- Working with Research Computing to maintain and manage the computing environments for teaching and research facilities.
- Ensuring secure disposal of surplus computing equipment in accordance with the university policy.
Solutions are optimized to your unit’s unique needs. We will work with you to identify an approach that is the right fit for your unit. Support relationships might include:
- IT planning assistance and comprehensive support services provided through contractual arrangements.
- Discipline specific IT support provided to colleges and departments through scheduled full-time or fractional staff assignments.
- Technology management arrangements for equipment in teaching and research facilities.
- On-site service and remote support on a per-incident basis.
For assistance please email the Service Desk or phone at: 306-966-2222.
To provide feedback to ICT Unit Support or to ask about the services we provide, please email ICT Unit Support.